- This event has passed.
Successful Strategies in Tribal Enterprise Diversification
July 14, 2021 @ 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm CDT
This Center for Indian Country Development Policy (CICD) webinar will explore how diversification is a critical strategy for tribal economic resilience and stability. It is the second session in a series focused on understanding and addressing the strategic business decisions, challenges, and opportunities tribal enterprises face in today’s economic landscape.
Since time immemorial, tribal nations have innovated ways to provide for their communities’ well-being and prosperity. By necessity and through the exercise of self-determination, tribes have successfully created revenue-generating tribal enterprises and corporations. These tribal business entities not only fund the provision of public goods and services but also increase the capacity of tribes to expand and stabilize their economies and communities. As tribal business enterprises grow in capacity, size, and diversity, so does their role as important drivers of economic activity in Indian Country and beyond.
Join us to hear from tribal enterprise leaders who will discuss their experiences with diversification as a strategy for achieving long-term stability and economic resilience. Get a glimpse of economic-activity data across Indian Country and recent Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis-CICD research on tribal-business formation. Speakers will:
- Provide a high-level overview of the scope of tribal enterprise activities across Indian Country.
- Share the unique role tribal enterprises play in employment and revenue production for tribal communities and governments.
- Provide examples of tribal enterprise diversification challenges and successes.
- Demonstrate ways tribal businesses are an economic multiplier in both tribal and regional economies.
- Matthew Gregg, Senior Economist, CICD
- Annette Hamilton, Chief Operating Officer, Ho-Chunk Inc.
- Chris James, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Center for American Indian Enterprise Development (Moderator)
- Chad Klinck, Chief Financial Officer, Creek Indian Enterprise Development Authority
- Joe Nayquonabe, Chief Executive Officer, Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures